This is a small add-on for Duvelske's WPM hack. WPM gives a phpBB board the ability to automatically send a "welcome to the board" private message to each user that registers. Included in that hack is an admin panel interface to control various settings of the welcome messages.
Unfortunately, some boards are occasionally beset by registration spammers and bots or users that register but never activate their account or return to the board. In these cases, a board could easily wind up with a massive number of welcome messages that will never be read. These useless messages take up space in the database, slowing the forum for legitimate members and damaging the administrator's reputation.
Welcome PM on First Login changes the behavior of WPM to send welcome messages after a member's first log in instead of their registration. This prevents the unhealthy build up of messages that would never be read by fake or non-returning users. Only members that return to the site get the welcome messages.
Existing members will not receive welcome messages when using Welcome PM on First Login.
- Alters Duvelske's WPM hack to send messages during a member's first login, instead of registration.
- Prevents build up of private messages that will never be read.
- Based on WPM 1.0.8. Also works with WPM 1.0.9 & 1.0.10. Not tested or designed for the Nuke version of WPM.
- Requires PHP 4.1.0 or later.
- Requires WPM 1.0.8, 1.0.9, or 1.0.10