The following guidelines have been established to maintain the quality of the phpBB Smith web site. By participating or registering in the phpBB Smith Forums and Web Site, all users agree to the following guidelines, which apply to all content on or submitted to this site, including, but not limited to, posts, profile information, avatars, and signatures. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notification of users.
- One of the goals of phpBB Smith is to promote mature, friendly discussion among members. As such, we ask that you do not post material that is abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented, otherwise inappropriate, or that may violate any applicable laws. There are some systems in place to obscure some such material if it should be posted; bypassing these systems is not allowed. If you make a post that triggers one of these systems, you should edit your post to remove the inappropriate content.
- Please use the English language. English is the language of this site and we require that posted content use English so it can be understood and monitored by site staff.
- Posting the same information in multiple forums or topics on this site, also known as cross posting, is not permitted. Please post only once in the most appropriate location.
- Do not post advertisements or unsolicited messages created specifically to promote an entity (such as a business, product, service, web site). Exceptions may be allowed on a case-by-case basis, if the content is relevant to current discussion, the topic at hand, or the overall purpose of phpBB Smith.
- Do not post an excessive number of links to a web site. Do not post any links to a web site that contains material which is abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented, otherwise inappropriate, or that may violate any applicable laws.
- Signatures must adhere to the following guidelines.
- Up to five images are allowed. The filesize of all images must be under 6 KB total.
- A reasonable number of links, not to exceed ten, is allowed.
- The total length of signatures, including images, must be no more than ten lines of text as displayed on a web browser opened to a width of 1024 pixels.
- All guidelines regarding general content apply to signatures.
- Please do not post personal information, of yourself or other persons, such as phone numbers and addresses.
- Show respect to all members of the community. Refrain from posting comments that may be inflammatory, insulting, disrespectful, or taunting.
- All members must be over or exactly 13 years of age. Persons under 13 years of age are not allowed to register. If it is discovered that an account belongs to someone under 13 years of age, the account will be terminated.
- Do not post materials that you do not have permission to reproduce; this may be copyright infringement and result in the removal of the post. In the case of written works, it is acceptable to post small sections of the work if you also list the source.
- If you ask for support with a phpBB forum, that forum must have some form of phpBB copyright notice, consisting of at least a statement similar to "powered by phpBB," with "phpBB" being a link to phpBB.com. Almost all communities that support phpBB require this at the request of the phpBB developers.
We will not actively check for a phpBB copyright on each and every site. If we find that a member asks for support when they do not have a copyright, we will not provide support until such time as the copyright has been added.
- While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to this web site, including the forums, express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence they will not be held liable.
- You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to review, remove, edit, move or close any content at any time should they see fit.
This includes messages posted in the Private Messages area. Only the administrator can review content in Private Messages and will do so only to investigate reports of violations of these guidelines.
- As a user, you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. While private profile or registration information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent (unless required by law), the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
- The administrator and moderators have the final say on any decisions related to this site. If you feel a mistake has been made or have questions about a decision, please contact a staff member privately. Do not create topics or posts to question administrative decisions.
- Please be aware of the publishing rights statement. It is considered part of these guidelines.
Any posted content that violates the above guidelines may be removed at the discretion of the staff. Staff generally will not edit posts unless there is an issue arising from the content that affects the display of the phpBB Smith web site. It is our policy to remove content that violates these guidelines rather than edit such content.
If a member continually violates these guidelines or shows disrespect for the site and/or staff, their membership may be terminated. Any membership terminations are permanent; attempts to bypass such terminations may result in stronger action.
We hope you will enjoy your time at phpBB Smith and be a long standing member of our community. We are glad to have you here!